ARMEX soda blast media
Industry's leading baking soda-based abrasive. Use it to remove coatings and contaminants without damage or distortion to a wide variety of substrates, including metal, wood, stone, carbon fiber, even glass.
Soda blasting is a very effective method of cleaning and depainting when one or more of the following points is important:
- No roughening at all of the surface, therefore conventinal abrasives cannot be used.
- The softness of soda blast media will prevent damages to e.g. (surrounding) rotary or hydraulic parts.
- Because ARMEX is 100% water soluble it's ensured that no residue is left behind in e.g. engines or process installations.
- For the most efficient and cost-effective use ARMEX, choose the special MicroStrip blastpot.
Better blasting value
- Because the ARMEX crystal is soft and friable, it will not damage bearings, seals, or other moving components like hard abrasives will.
- Quickly exposes surfaces for non-destructive inspection and testing, with no metal removal or crack closure.
- Superior contaminant removal provides for a cleaner surface, which is fundamental to maximizing coating performance.
- ARMEX formulations are non-flammable and non-sparking and can be used in hazardous duty areas.
- ARMEX is not just baking soda. It is a specially formulated sodium bicarbonate abrasive designed for blasting.
- The protective additives in ARMEX eliminate clumping and clogging issues and are essential for uninterrupted operation, especially in high humidity environments.
- The ARMEX soda blast media comes in three different particle sizes to suit each application.
Maintenance: ideal for all general cleaning applications.
Maintenance XL: crystals four times larger than typical baking soda, making it highly effective in paint removal applications.
Composite: the finest grade for the most delicate substrates like fibreglass.
- ARMEX media provides a superior worker and environmental safety profile compared with solvents, caustic chemicals, high pressure water and sandblasting. The media contains no free silica.
- USDA-approved as an A-1 cleaner. ARMEX Soluble Blast Media is also suitable for use in FDA-regulated facilities.
Better blasting economics
- Compared to other blast media, less ARMEX is required to clean or depaint a square meter of surface area. The result is less waste generated. Also, spent ARMEX media in and of itself is non-hazardous and is easier and less expensive to dispose of. In most cases, it can be disposed of in a sanitary landfill or, because it's soluble, can be washed into a sanitary sewer,. In fact, it may even be beneficial as a buffering agent during the waste treatment process.
- Quickly and thoroughly clean or depaint virtually any surface with little or no masking or pre-washing. Ideal for intricate and hard-to-reach areas, reducing or eliminating solvent cleaning and hand tooling.
- ARMEX is ideal for turnaround situations because many cleaning and depainting jobs can be done while the plant and equipment are still in operation.